Welcome to the Library!
Hours: This year our hours are 8:15 am - 3:45 pm, Monday to Friday.
The Library / Learning Commons is closed to students during lunch from 12:05 - 12:25 unless a supervised club is running, however, students are welcome to come before and after school.
For questions, comments, or concerns,
Please familiarize yourself with the library lending policies. Care of books, safe spaces for materials, and lending policies are important to the ongoing care and maintenance of our library. The space and its materials belong to everyone at our school and as such we must all contribute with respectful, responsible actions and attitudes.
- Students are able to borrow up to 5 books at one time.
- Books are checked out for 3 weeks at a time, and students may renew their books once for a total of 6 weeks with one book. The exception being if another student has placed a hold on the book, the item may not be renewed by the student who currently has it checked out.
- If a book is overdue by more than 10 days without being renewed, it is automatically marked "lost" in our system.
- Once a book has been marked lost, students receive two reminders to return or renew their item.
- If the lost item is not returned within an appropriate period of time, the replacement cost will be added to the student's fees.
Supporting Student Literacy
The goal of our school library is to provide a positive, encouraging environment in which students can find books that they want to read, or where teachers can find books that they can share with students. At Clover Bar Junior High, we aim to create a positive environment with with age, interest, and level-appropriate reading material, as well lots of encouragement and support for our students' extra-curricular reading.